Stains on the carpet can have a major impact on the appearance of the entire contents of the house. Here, you will get a solution to remove the two types of stains that are the most difficult to remove, namely ink and oil. The methods discussed here manage to overcome the majority of cases, but the effectiveness of the carpet cleaning liquid also depends on the type of your carpet. If you are hesitant to clean it yourself, you can ask for help from The Hills Carpet Cleaning who can help you anytime.
Tips on cleaning carpet from ink stains
Certain types of ink stains cannot be removed only with water because they are insoluble in water. Try the following tips:
• Pat the stained part with a dry cloth to absorb as much wet ink as possible.
• Wet a piece of cloth with alcohol, then use it to pat the stained area to absorb more ink. Alcohol acts as an ink stain remover because this material can be fused with ink so that the stain fades.
• Try the salt method. Cover the stain with salt and let it sit for 8 hours or overnight.
• The next morning, throw salt and repeat if necessary. Salt is an ink stain remover option that can lift the remnants of ink on the carpet.
Treat ink stains as quickly as possible or if possible while the ink is still wet so that more ink can be absorbed out of the carpet fibers. The longer it is not treated, the ink stains will increasingly seep into the carpet fibers and more difficult to remove.
Remove oil stains on the carpet
Oil stains are relatively easier to remove because they are not easily absorbed by carpet fibers. Try the following methods:
• Cover the stained area with tissue paper to absorb as much oil as possible.
• Pour enough alcohol on the stain and absorb using a clean white cloth.
• If the above method still leaves oil stains, mix a little liquid dishwashing soap and water, then pat on the stain.
• Rinse without making the carpet soaked.
The Hills Carpet Cleaning
49 Manuka Circle, Cherrybrook, NSW, 2126
(02) 8310 7901